Are you struggling with a reproductive issue - endometriosis, PCOS, hormone imbalance, miscarriage or infertility? Have you heard about NaPro and wondered how a NaPro doctor can help you and how your experience with them might be different?
Think of a NaPro doctor as your partner in restoring and maintaining optimal reproductive health and fertility.
What makes a NaPro doctor your partner? You work as a team to get to identify and treat root cause reproductive issues. NaPro doctors rely on you to share critical information through:
- Your Creighton Model Chart
- Other signs and symptoms (menstrual pain, PMS, low libido, fatigue, etc.)
What do NaPro doctors restore? A number of things, including, but not limited to:
- Hormone balance
- Health of uterine lining
How do NaPro doctors maintain health & function? They are committed to "first, do no harm." What is unique about their approach?
- They avoid contraceptives, which can cause hormone imbalance or put the integrity of the reproductive organs at risk of puncture
- They do not administer synthetic hormones, but rather bio identical
- They are cautious with medications, starting with extra low dosages and closely monitoring their effectiveness and impact on overall fertility
- They encourage you to be proactive and continue to chart; you are actively involved in monitoring your reproductive health
How does a NaPro doctor's evaluation seek to optimize function? NaPro doctors ask different questions than typical doctors. For example:
- Is the woman ovulating (non-NaPro) vs. Is ovulation normal? Or is there a defect in ovulation? (NaPro)
- Is progesterone high enough on chart day 21? (non-NaPro) vs. Does progesterone remain at an optimal level throughout the post peak (or luteal phase)? Is there adequate time for successful implantation before the progesterone drops off? (NaPro)
- Are there obvious signs of endometriosis? (non-NaPro) vs. Can we fully evaluate the presence or absences of and endometriosis? If found, can we remove it in the most effective manner while reducing the chances of scare tissue? (NaPro)